Interperting Christian
If you are around our house there are a few phrases that you need to know in order to understand what Christian means when he answers:
When knocking on the door to the bathroom when he is taking a shower (he LOVES to take long showers), if he answers, "Just a minute." Interpretation: Even though I have been in the shower for 15 minutes, I still have not washed my hair and I need one more minute.
If he answers , "OK, ok." Interpretation: I have really enjoyed my shower, finished washing my hair and I'll get out now.
When asking about homework: Have you completed your homework? I think so. Interpretation: I started it, but probably did not finish it and don't want to get caught in a lie if it is not all done. "Did you finish your math? I can't remember or I though I did. " Interpretation: Not a chance that it is completed 100%.
"Did you put on deodorant? I can't remember. " Interpretation: Slight chance, need to reapply in order to be sure.
He is a super wonderful kid and we are so very proud of him!
5 comments:
It is hard to believe that 13 years ago we were so very very pregnant. Elizabeth will be 13 in 8 days -- YIKES! Even scarier -- David will be 16 and have a real license to drive in 14 days. This is such a great time. That is IF I live through it :)
I was reading your post to Christian and when I said "IF I live through it". He wanted to know if you had some kind of sickness and were going to die! :) I told him that our teenagers were driving us crazy and we might die from that! HA HA. They really are growing up so fast.
That is hillarious! Funny what kids think. I need to remember that as I'm teaching -- maybe that is why they look at me like I am a crazy person. :)
sonya
Same old Christian! :)
hahahahahah!!!! oh, christian! never ceases to make me laugh! not much has changed :) and that makes me happy! LOVE YOU!
Post a Comment