A day at the Beach
Well, we made our first solo trip to the beach on a holiday weekend. It was not too crowded when we got there, but by the time we left at 5:00 pm, it was pretty crowded.
Christian's foot is almost as big as his dad's foot!
Me, floating on my new float -- which I was suprised to be the only one out there floating -- I guess most think I will catch my death of cold floating on the cold water.
This little girl was too cute with her big hat. Her mom came and put olive oil on her and she sat on the hot rocks playing away. It was amazing to me how the kids ran on the rocks and never winced a bit --even on the hot rocks! I wonder if it is a rock pail and not a sand pail here? No building sand castles, but there are beautiful smooth rocks and pebbles.
When we got ready to leave, we learned that our car was blocked in -- uuggghhhhh!!! We were ready to go home, but couldn't. So we put our stuff in the car and pondered what to do -- go get a cold drink and sit under an umbrella. As we were leaving, one of the 4 cars blocking us left! Chris thought that he might be able to get out. Christian and I were directing him, but it was just too tight. Three other guys saw our delima, and began to direct as well -- still short a few inches. Not a problem in Montenegro -- they just picked up the other car and moved the front end about 6 inches and we were free. They of course were barefoot on the hot rock. I guess my feet are too thin skinned.

2 comments:
I miss you sooo much!!! You will not have any difficulty building a beach team!!! I can't wait to see you!!! Love you!!!
Looks like the beaches of Croatia -- all pebbles. I'm glad that you had fun. Happy Memorial Day!-- Sonya
Post a Comment