Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Adoption Update

It is with a heavy heart that I write today.  Heavy is not really the word to describe my heart, but breaking . . .  We did not receive a favorable decision from the judge today.  The second blow was that at the court today, we received the news that the FSB (like the FBI) has determined that Chris is a dangerous person and will not be allowed to return to Russia.  More than likely this means that we will not return to Russia at the end of Chris's visa.  

We have been working on adopting children for 4 years.  I have no idea why this is happening, BUT we do know that God is in control and that he has a plan for our lives.  We know that he has a plan for Andrew and Natasha's lives as well.  

This is my prayer and the song in my heart right now:

Jesus lover of my soul, Jesus I will never let you go. You have taken me from the mirey clay and set my feet upon the rock and now I know.  I love you, I need you, though my world may fall, I'll never let you go.  My saviour, my closest friend, I will worship you until the very end.  

He is the lover of my soul.  I am so thankful for his love for me and my family.  

4 comments:

Benjie 2:56 AM  

Our prayers for you and for the children continue as our heart breaks with yours.

Marianne 11:55 AM  

WE are praying with you all and for Natasha and Andrew. We really understand! We had worked two years to adopt in Albania, from Albania. We finally had to release that and then God put Joshua in our path and we ended up in China!! I am so sorry. Know that our hearts are crying out with yours!! Blessings friends.

gary & kimber 5:24 PM  

Does this mean that the final answer is no adoption? Or is there anything else you can do at this point? Is Chris back in the country now? How long are the current visas good for? Praying for you all and the children.

Jill Willeke 8:32 PM  

Chris is in country, but would probably not be re admitted if he left and there is a possibility he would be deported. His visa is good til Feb 5. We can appeal the case and will consult a lawyer, but we are not too sure how far we will push it.

About This Blog

Join us as we wander around Montenegro and the Balkans!  We appreciate your comments and encouragement as we explore the vast beauty of God's world.  

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP