My Grown Daughters

In May of last year, two beautiful girls came into my life -- Sarah and Alys. Sarah has been a part of my life since college days, though she was just a little girl then. I met Alys for the first time when she stepped off the plane in Moscow, Russia. Affectionately, they are known to us as "the girls." They call me all the time -- sometimes to tell me funny stuff that has happened, sometimes to ask a cooking question, sometimes to ask what the equivalent of something in Russian, sometimes to cry and sometimes to cheer me up. Alys thinks that she is really part of the Willeke Family and has a room at our house. The truth is that they both are a part of my family now and will always hold a special place in my heart! I am just glad that they are finished with college and I only have to worry about paying for a wedding!!! (just teasing -- I'll let the real parents pay for the wedding). When they move away from home and back to the US, my heart will be broken and the thought of missing out on the daily calls from them!
Thanks girls for bringing so much joy and laughter to my heart!
I love you both dearly!!!!

0 comments:
Post a Comment