Thursday, September 14, 2006

Space Shuttle Launch

We saw the space shuttle launch this past Saturday. At 10:55, I said to Chris for the 4th time -- I've never seen the shuttle launch before -- it goes up in 20 minutes. So we jumped into the car and raced over to a bridge where there were about 150 people looking north across the Indian River. Chris had never been this close to the launch site, usually he would just run outside whenever there was a launch and look up and see it streak through the sky.
I had my new camera all ready for a shot, when I heard the crowd beging to say -- "There is goes!" I was looking in the wrong spot ---aggggghhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!! So as I run to see it there is a huge bush in the way. Then we see it streaking through the clouds and hear the rumble of the engines and the crowd cheers. Pretty spectacular and exciting. I did not realize it would be out of site in less than 15 seconds. Next time it launches in December, I will be ready and aimed at the right spot. Christian really got a kick out of it.

 Posted by Picasa

1 comments:

Phyllis 10:26 AM  

Hi from Kovrov! It was nice to get your prayer update and find your blog. I grew up watching space shuttle launches, too. :-)

About This Blog

Join us as we wander around Montenegro and the Balkans!  We appreciate your comments and encouragement as we explore the vast beauty of God's world.  

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP