Tuesday, July 04, 2006

What does America smell like?

Just before we left Russia, we hosted a group of 67 Americans to do several projects. Never before in the history of Ivanovo has there been sooooo many Americans there at one time. I think that if we had only had 25, that would have been a record as well - HA HA. One evening, as the team was getting ready for a concert, Christian ran into the church and said, "It smells like America in here!" Then, he ran out. As the story was relayed to the rest of the group during our last evening together the team nervously laughed -- I think that they were a little concerned because they had worn their blue shirts for three nights in a row in a very hot church during a heat wave in Ivanovo. But when asked if it was a good smell or bad smell -- Christian gave the thumbs up!















So what do 67 Americans smell like? I think that the aroma was that of the One that we serve -- and that is a very pleasant smell! So all of you from BSBC, keep on smelling!!!! Posted by Picasa

1 comments:

Anonymous 11:54 PM  

Hi Chris, Jill, and Christian!
Just catching up on all your photos and somehow I missed tis one. I thought that Christian's comment was absolutely adorable! What fun to have all those people there serving God with you!
(Kenton and) Sara Anne

About This Blog

Join us as we wander around Montenegro and the Balkans!  We appreciate your comments and encouragement as we explore the vast beauty of God's world.  

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP